I’m getting a little braver these days. After the brutality of my colour image of a plant, I went to B&W. Today I decided to explore the filter gallery for the first time.
The first trick was working out that this is not available unless you are working in 8-bit mode. I don’t usually do so until I ‘save for the web’. Having cracked that one I spent a happy hour playing with various options, learning how to combine them and manipulate them using the many sliders available.
This is a pretty conservative output but I quite like the texture to it:
The base filter for this is craquelure, simulating paint on plaster.
If you look at the sequence of version 1, version 2 and this one they move such a long way from what the camera RAW file recorded I am amazed and, dare I say, pleasantly surprised. Even a processing duffer like me can do this so anybody with an ounce of post-processing skill should be able to go further if desired.
I promise not to show any more of this but here are small reminders of v1 and v2.